Miguel Chavez - Professional Profile
Oil & Gas Co. Petroperu: 17
Civil 5 6
Hispanic Small Construction business Consultant: 8
Mortgage Business as a Loan Officer: 5
Real Estate as Licensed Salesperson: 6
BS, Industrial Engineering
Member of The
12/76 - 05/77 State
06/76 - 11/76 Inka Cola Bottling Co. of Peru. - Production plant.
03/76 - 04/76 Petroperu
Maintenance & Construction Dept.
01/76 - 02/76 Camena (Assy. of body trucks) - Assembly plant.
04/75 - 05/75 Minero
01/75 - 04/75 Social
Professional at work Training (2 CEU or more ea):
09/77 - Industrial Safety.
06/78 - Research Methodology.
12/78 - Business Management (3 Stars, American Management Ass.).
05/81 - Mechanical Design IV.
02/81 - Fortran IV.
08/81 - Design of Pressured Vessels.
10/82 - Workshop for Supervisors.
07/83 - Problems Analysis and Decisions Making.
09/83 - Maintenance of Caterpillar Engines.
11/83 - Costs Analysis and Control.
12/83 - Operation of Gas Turbines.
08/84 - Communications.
10/84 - PERT - CPM (Projacs).
12/84 - Corrosion Control in Production Operations. (N.L. Treating Chemicals).
12/84 - Reports writing.
03/85 - Human Relations (Transactional Analysis).
09/85 - General Bookkeeping.
12/85 - Conducting meetings.
06/86 - Projects and evaluation of investments.
10/86 - Basic costs, accounting.
12/87 - Financial models.
06/88 - Investments and Operations budget.
08/88 - Administration of personnel and Human Relations.
06/91 - Communications.
05/92 - Shipping, Warehouse, Inventory Control.
11/98 - Computers Maintenance and Repair.
11/98 - Autocad I.
10/02 - Metro North Railroad, Roadway Worker procedures for conductor flags/contract employee.
09/03 - P. E. Review for Industrial Engineers. (IIE – GA)
09/05 - Real Estate Salesperson
Licensing course. (45Hrs).
10/05 - Real Estate Wealth Expo.
11/06 - Real Estate Wealth Expo.
03/07 - Accredited Buyer Representative Program (15 C.E.)
06/07 - ABR designation from REBAC.
06/07 - The art and practice of presencing:
Human Purpose & the Field of the Future. - Omega Institute.
08/10 - Success With Short Sales. DSU #2 Core Course. Default Services University.
Miguel Chavez holds a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering. He has over 17 years of experience in Construction and Mechanical Maintenance work, 8 years as owner of Computer and Business Consulting Company servicing Micro entrepreneurs, for 5 years was a Loan Officer registered with NYSBD and for the last 6 years works, also, as a Licensed Real Estate Salesperson-ABR-CDSP. He speaks English, fluent Spanish and basic Russian.
1977-1993 With Petroperu (Former International Petroleum Co.) after 3 moths of hands-on training and study in all depts. (Exploration, Extraction, Production, Transportation, Refinery, Logistics, Maintenance, Construction, Engineering and Administration) was assigned to the position of Field Maintenance Supervisor of 7 crews of installers and mechanics of Lufkin and Betlehem oil pumping units with Climax, Ajax and Continental natural gas engines; Ajax and Worthington natural gas compressors; oil pipes, floating and standard roofs of oil tanks; Cooper Bessemer power generation units. Construction of field infrastructure, gas and oil pipes, oil tanks. He supervised contractors work. Hands-on work on strikes.
He was Maintenance Supervisor in a garage of
Volkswagen and Ford fleet of about 1,000 vehicles. Supervisor in a Garage
of Mack and Kenworth Trucks;
He trained personnel in Industrial safety and Mechanical maintenance.
After 9 years as supervisor He was promoted to Maintenance Coordinator and Programmer for an Oil field with 700 subsurface oil pumping units, 14 natural gas compression stations, 28 batteries of 30,000 barrels/day of oil, and 3 natural gas processing plants. Planning daily work and scheduling Preventive Maintenance in equipment and installations. Preparing performance reports using mainframe computer IBM 360. Made inventory control of spare parts and tools. Control of maintenance costs. Preparation and control of operations and investments budget. Temporary Supervisor of 4 Engineers. Multitasking with Engineering and Civil Depts.
1997-2003 With Chas. H. Sells, Inc. in NY, for 6 years did support the design work of various teams of CAD Operators, PE’s and PHD’s in the Structures Dept. and Bridge Inspection Depts. - Civil engineering field. Being on charge of the copy room with blue printing and documents processing, drafting (detailing and tracing) with Autocad 14 and 2000, fixing computer hardware and software, help desk support with Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, NT4 and Autocad. Setup of HP plotters. Network troubleshooting. Assisting Project manager with Minutes and Reports using software Suretrack 3.0, Adobe 5.0, Photoshop 6.0, MS Office 2000 suite, Outlook express, File transfer protocol (FTP), MS Publisher and Internet research.
2003-2012 He manages his own business,
2005-2009 Loan Originator (NMLS ID 91905) with Allied Home Mortgage Capital Corp., One on One Mortgage and Omega Home Funding.
2005-2012 Licensed Real Estate Salesperson , with Interactive Realty, Inc., Century 21, Charles Rutenberg Realty and Rising Star Realty and Property Management, Inc. Have certifications as ABR (Acredited Buyer's Representative) and CDSP (Certified Default Services Professional from Default Services University).
select project experience:
- Supervisor - Overhaul Maintenance of TALARA Oil Refinery –
- Supervisor – Special Project: Recovery of 80 Pumping Units –
- Coordinator - Biannual Maintenance Planning of Gas Natural Plant
- Engineering support - Inspection and Design of 15 Metro-North Bridges - NY(2002) Supported field inspections, Autocad drafting (tracing and detailing) and reports; processed pictures and information. Setup of computer equipment for surveyors and field inspectors. Assisted Engineers and designers with submissions.
- Engineering support - Reconstruction of I-87 & I-287 from Tappan Zee Toll Plaza to Saw Mill River Parkway, Westchester County, NY, NYSDOT & NYSTA (2001 –2003). Support field inspection, Autocad drafting (tracing and detailing), copy of plans and reports; processed pictures and information, assisted Engineers and designers with submissions. Markups of shop drawings. Set up of plotters, documents processing.
- Design and installation of networked office for SDN Design Group and Upstate Development LLC (2004) Design & Inst. of peer to peer networks, plotters HP 650C and website.
- Extensive Education and motivation to poor micro entrepreneurs in PERU and UKRAINE to apply for KIVA microloans http://www.kiva.org/lender/miguel9827
- Design and construction of website www.vikamall.com to work with Affiliation Marketing Companies (2008). Google, Ebay, Amazon, OfferWeb, Commission Junction and more…..
- Design and construction of website www.foreclosuresontour.com to market HUD properties (2008).
- Received the biggest commissions amount paid in any month ever, after 1.5 years of starting in the mortgage business, while working with Omega Home Funding (January 2007).
- Obtained 12 ratified contracts on HUD HOMES and closed on 9 of them from December 2009 to November 2010. One of the TOP PERFORMES for 2010 at Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. (A brokerage with more than 900 realtors).
You can contact me at (845)453-9586 or